MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 9/08/2026
SUNDAY - 9TH AUGUST, 2026
MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola & Oreoluwa ADEJUMO
SPARED AND LEFT TO WITNESS
Job 1:15, KJV
"And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee."
You know there's a testimony following the man God is preserving. It's that, "he's the last man standing." He's always the survivor! The last man standing may enter into trouble or difficulty but the difference is that God doesn't allow the water to overflow him or the fire to kindle upon him.
Isaiah 43:2, KJV
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."
Psalms 91:7-8 speaking in that regard says, "a thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked."
Not that people aren't falling, they are. Only that you are spared to see and recount the goodness of the Lord in sparing you. That's the kind of testimony I have to share today.
On four occasions that the devil struck what Job had, certain men were also preserved on those occasions. Read Job 1:15-19 and you'll see this testimony repeated on the four occasions that the devil brought evil on what Job had. There's always a man that is spared and left to witness. That's no ordinary act but an intentional act to leave a man as a witness, who could take the message back to Job and narrate all that had happened. While that may be the ploy of the devil to pepper or aggravate the sorrow of Job on each occasion yet it is revealing a truth that can become your experience. What's this truth? When others are taken away; when a multitude falls both left and right, your own testimony will be, "and I only am escaped to tell the matter."
Have you not seen a fatal accident where there's only one person or a handful that survived to tell what happened? It could even be a fire inferno, natural disaster or building collapse. Irrespective of what evil comes upon the earth, the prayer for you is that you will be spared. You'll be spared and left behind as a witness, recounting the goodness of the Lord.
I Samuel 17:37, KJV
"David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine."
With your eyes you shall see it but it'll not come near you to claim your life. As you go today, you're experiencing God's preservation and deliverance. During thick and thin when inquisition is being made for blood, your testimony will be, "and I only am left to tell the matter."
PRAYER: I enjoy God's preservation. My fate is not the fate of unbelievers. I am passed over by the destructive angel.
Ezra 8:21-9:15; I Cor.5:1-13, Psalm 31:1-8, Proverbs 21:1-2
Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com



Comments
Post a Comment