MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
SATURDAY - 25TH JULY, 2026
MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola & Oreoluwa ADEJUMO
I WANTED TO ATTEND A FEDERAL UNIVERSITY - Escaping Vain Labour Series 007
Acts 16:9, KJV
"And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us."
After the passing away of my father in 2009, things became very tight for the family financially. I was only in Senior Secondary 2 at the time. I had done my first O'level anyway. He encouraged me to make my first attempt in S.S. 2, a class to the final class at the Senior Secondary School level.
When it was time to seek admission, I coveted Obafemi Awolowo University, being a Federal University. I told myself, "the expenses i.e the school fees are very low and I could rugged things out no matter what."
I had known the Lord before my university's days. I do receive from him through dreams and inner witness. That dream never misses it. I went ahead for the Post JAMB of OAU. I stayed with the son of my mother's friend at Ife. They were Muslims and his name is Lukman. The night to the day I would do the exam, I had a dream. It was a dream. I know a dream differently from a vision (or open vision). I saw that I went to play a cricket competition, won the game and was handed the trophy. Meanwhile, the fellow handing me the trophy was Bro. Sina Adeleye (a member of my home church choral group and someone I have come to know as a family friend). We all grew up together in the same town, neighborhood and attended St. Paul's Anglican Church, Ayetoro with our families.
I wondered what sort of dream it was. Fast forward, I went for the exam. When the result came out the midnight of that day, I saw I was six marks to their cut off marks. It was then I remembered the dream I had overnight. Till then, God had not come to me that I knew of. I've been trusting him to direct me on which school to fill in earlier. He might have spoken without my harkening because I was feeling for my mum and how we would pay the school fees of a school that may not be Federal but I never knowingly disobeyed Him.
It was so vivid. At the same time as if heaven opened, I had a perfect understanding of that dream. At that time, Bro. Sina Adeleye was in 100 Level in TASUED (now TASFUED). The trophy he gave to me is a metaphor for the victory, headship and success I would eventually have in TASFUED.
Then, through the inner witness, the Lord recalled to me a particular instruction that I couldn't get while attempting the Literature questions in my paper. Though I called one of the invigilators to still explain it to me, I was just more confused. Indeed, I had the lowest score in Literature and I had a witness the setback came from there.
Eventually, I collected the late form of TASFUED through this same Bro. Sina Adeleye, put in, passed their exams and made it into TASUED. Despite the financial challenges I still had on campus, to the extent that I missed two papers in a day when TASFUED came up with a law saying, "without full payment, you will not write exams", I still finished well academically in TASUED with a Second Class Upper. Moreso, I carried headship throughout. I sat with the Vice Chancellor and other notables as Christian Union TASFUED General Secretary and later the number one Christian in the land when I became the Christian Union Campus President. That's not to talk of the many offices I also occupied at the fellowship and chapter levels.
I had the best experience and stay on campus. I first of all did vain labour but I thank God I was recovered from it and my feet planted on the path that I should walk. Today, I'm not regretting it because I also got anointed on campus when I encountered Rev. Olusola Areogun through his audio messages which I began to follow. As a matter of fact, my wife today is also from the same campus. A lot of landmark and unforgettable memories were made there. I thank God my feet were saved from OAU and planted where a space was made ready for me amidst the great and strong to be trained further in spiritual things through the many student ministries and portfolios I had. For you too, you won't go the wrong way. God will always collect you for Macedonia!
PRAYER: Lord, recover me from vain labour and actions. Set my feet on the path I should walk.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
II Chronicles 14:1-16:14, Romans 9:1-24, Psalm 19:1-14, Proverbs 20:1
Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com



Indeed, there is a unique path for every man. While your feet was saved from OAU, mine was planted in there... Your story resonates a lot, sir.
ReplyDeleteMay we always enjoy God's leading.