I TEACH HOWS: ARE YOU RECEIVING THE HOWS?
I TEACH HOWS: ARE YOU RECEIVING THE HOWS?
Do you know what I teach here?
We teach hows!
We teach methods!
We offer you the syllabus and scheme of ministry.
We open your eyes to the guidelines and practical ways by which the war of ministry could be fought.
Not knowing how to do something means it will not be accomplished.
Thankfully, we beg to differ because we know what a genuine ministry is and teaches how to do it and how men ought to fulfill their calling.
I heard the Lord speak to me. He said, "the labour of the foolish wearieth every one of them, because he knoweth not how to go to the city" (Ecclesiastes 10:15, KJV).
That's the verse God spoke to me for this little teaching I'm handing over. In case KJV doesn't explain that verse very clearly to you, let me offer you another that does.
NIV says, "the toil of fools wearies them; they do not know the way to town."
It is not good to grope in darkness but that is inevitable if you don't know the way to the door. You can't but grope, searching all around for where the door is if you're blindfolded or blind. You can't but waste precious time, stumble at things and eventually lash out in frustration.
However, it will take you no second reaching for the door if you're not in the dark but flooded and surrounded with light.
Why some struggle in business, ministry, family, career or what they're trying to accomplish is because they don't know the way to town on that subject.
Unless you have been taught and you have known the way or how something operates, you may keep pouring your money into it but keep failing.
Why do you think there's the apprenticeship system that developed long ago even before the birth of Jesus? It's to teach those given to a trade or vocation the hows of their trades.
After some years (let's say 7), you'll then see a master blacksmith produce another master blacksmith who will then break off to start his own. When he breaks off, he'll be going with the set skills that the master has equipped him with. He'll not be alone; the master will still be with him but through the knowledge he has passed down to him. That's why students apprenticed to a particular master craftsman may produce after the likeness of his products. That's no sin. As a matter of fact, that proves the lesson has been well learnt. It doesn't mean that apprentice will not make his own discoveries; but at least, he is not starting from the floor but a raised platform.
The ultimate goal will be to excel his master. That's why Jesus promised us greater works (John 14:12). Leonardo da Vinci reinforces this by saying, "poor is the apprentice who doesn't surpass his master."
Don't think this system of apprenticeship is odd and antiquated, of no use in our time. People are still being apprenticed to diverse enterprises, even to the anointing. Before the anointing came on me, I was unusually drawn to everything Reverend Olusola Areogun of Life Oasis International Church teaches. I followed his devotional - Spirit Meat on his church's website. Nobody recommended them to me. Rather, I saw it as an extension/way of collecting from him even on a daily basis. I would download his sermons and make efforts to attend his conferences. I never played with whatever comes from him. I even bought his books.
I never knew I myself was practicing the apprenticeship system until the anointing fell on me and I began to do all his works. I remember I was listening to his sermon titled COVENANT COMPLIANT LIFE when that happened. I listened to that one sermon so repeatedly that I can't remember how many times I did. I was just unusually attracted to him. Today, I run a ministry like he does, author a devotional like he does and have special testimonies in the same areas of his special anointing.
But more importantly as I was following, something was happening to me. I was learning how to enter into the town of ministry. Since he's a set man, I was receiving the anointing and ways to the town of set-manship.
God had foreseen I would one day head a ministry or found one. So, he needed to attach me to someone who's doing it so that through what he teaches, I'll learn how to go by things.
It'll be unfortunate for you for your day and time to come but without knowing how to enter into the town of what God has called you to or given to you.
You'll be wearied. You'll try operating that machine but because you just don't know how it works, you'll try, try but fail and fail. At day's end, you'll be fatigued, lament loud and give up.
Why? You have never followed correctly let alone learnt and absorbed correctly.
Men and brethren on Morning Wings Ministry platform and those who are members of my calling (outside our ministry platforms), are you really learning how to enter into the city or you're only observing while seated on the fence?
Why did I ask?
The day will come when you'll all be left alone to find your way into the city. May it not be that day you'll be groping all around and seeking the devices that are helpful to entering the city. May you not be skeptical that day but be made bold in God's call and the anointing through the way you've walked and ingredients you've acquired.
Ministers, can you cast out demons, heal the sick, minister the baptism of the Holy Spirit to another with the evidence of speaking in tongues, run a ministry, relate correctly with the elders, singles, married, opposite sex or those younger? Do you know your way into the city on those issues? Do you know how ministry ought to be financed?
You know there's a way to behave in the household of God which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. That's why Paul wrote to Timothy (I Tim. 3:15).
If you don't know how to operate an air fryer, you know it might fool you and you may still not have your chickens fried. Do you know how to enter the city in what you have at hand or to do?
When you follow a minister who's doing it, as he shares real life experiences, his struggles, challenges, how God meets his needs or how he trusted for his needs to be met, you'll be building faith and learning practical ways to accomplish things in your own life.
Oooh no, you are not here to follow after my fashion. You know I don't often post my pictures. So, you're automatically deprived of that. Rather, you can follow after my manner of life and faith.
II Tim. 3:10-11, KJV
"10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions..."
James speaking says, "take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience" (James 5:10, KJV).
Oh, are you really following our manner of life? Have you learnt anything through this little Brother Sola and others before you that could allow you to run your life, ministry, family or whatever God will commit into your hands?
Don't let it be blatantly revealed to you through confrontation at the juncture of entering the city or getting something done that you haven't learnt how to enter the city in the first place.
Why people labour and labour still yet without accomplishing things is because they haven't learnt how to enter into the city in the first place.
So, let me ask, have you learnt how to accomplish things in ministry?
If you've taught in a school for a decade and you've not been a fool but a follower, learning all the processes, you shouldn't have a problem starting your own school if you want to. It'll be easier applying the same wisdom you have copied or emulated from your mother source or former employer's school/business to yours.
That's how to practically enter into the accomplishment of anything.
If you've not been a listener; if you've been wasting teachings dropped here by not reading them; if you don't have a notebook where you record critical lessons, that day may come and you may be stranded on the other side of the Jordan.
Elijah might have helped you cross but it's solely your responsibility to cross back to town.
Let me ask again as a way of being assured, "are you really learning how to enter the city where you're placed?" Can you inherit your master's business if he retires and submits it to you to oversee? That's how opportunity comes to those who are prepared. Joseph was ready by the time Potiphar would make him oversee his house. How? That was not his first time in such an office. He'd been raiding and accumulating lessons for that office for years (Gen. 37:13-14).
How do you become a good spouse for someone? It's by learning before marriage and becoming that thing before marriage. Else, you may not be useful in marriage.
Let us all go and audit our lives and ways to see if we are truly apprenticed or we only follow by convenience and not commitment!
And I tell you a secret, until you're assured as an apprentice that you have learnt how to enter the city, never declare your independence. If you don't have the ingredient that makes Elishas independent of Elijahs, don't run for office, let alone campaign.
May you be saved from disgraces. This teaching if adhered to will help you achieve just that.
So, go and learn how (the formulas/solutions) to enter the city and then take the city!
Olusola ADEJUMO,
M'Wings.
Morning Wings Ministry,
Nigeria.
morningwingministry@gmail.com
+234 81 3704 6812
27/07/2026








Comments
Post a Comment