Monday 9 September 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 26/08/2024

 MONDAY  - 26TH AUGUST, 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO

CONTENTED TO DWELL WITH HIM II - Kingdom Administering Series 007

Acts 10:5-6, KJV

"5 And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter. 6 He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do."

While serving my fatherland in Kastina, Northern Nigeria some years back, I met in camp a man named Pa Joseph, an Ibo Christian in his sixty who sells all sort of topical books. I bought some books from him and eventually familiarized with him. At any short break, I'll hang around where he displayed his books which was under a tree shed. Then, I began to advertise the books to other visiting corp members. I have read a great deal of the books I saw on display. As such, I told patronizing corp members what the books would do to them when bought and read. He was impressed with my skill and vastness of knowledge on books. That's how our friendship grew. 

Soon, I was done with camping and was given two weeks break mostly used by corp members to revisit their family in other parts of the country. I didn't want to revisit Ogun State but had no place to stay. He asked me out if I could stay with him and I agreed. Contentment was at my heart. I felt secured, assured and compensated for. 

If you ever studied the background given above, you'll obviously observe that I just didn't agree to his proposal. I have come to know him and trust him as a good Christian. He also believed in me, finding me resourceful. So, we were both in agreement. At day's end, I was contented to dwell with him and he was contented to accommodate me without having known me from Adam. 

I not only stayed with him for those period of two weeks but would go on short visits to his place after my deployment. Though his children were some two ladies, yet he opened his house to me. I was a big help to his trade. Eventually, I learnt the business from him and started selling books independently even before I left service. 

I even went on to hand over to another corp member who I took to Evangel Publishers in Kaduna and taught how to get books at good prices from there (just as he mentored me). However, I was contented to dwell with him and he was contented to have me. It flows both ways. I didn't receive anything supernatural from God before I said yes but I sure felt pleased and assured of life and my safety with him. 

Mark contentment, it is a function of where God wants you to settle. You might have searched and searched until you see a portion of land to build on that you're contented with. At times, through our beliefs, trainings, expectations of our hearts or revelation from God, we're inflated with the images to look out for. When such images match with what we afore had in mind, then we're easily pleased and contented. As such, when we see those, we immediately develop fondness and contentment. We therefore know that this is home. This is Ebenezer. This is where to settle. Finally at Rehoboth! The ark has come to hit and settle at Ararat. Destination at last. 

For those abroad, you may be led this way. Don't despise the place of being contented especially after checking with all standards that are righteous and lawful that you know. God has a right person in mind to shelter you. He has a specific address to send you to. He told Cornelius, "send men to get one Simon Peter, he dwells with one Simon, the tanner by the sea" (Acts 10:5-6). God is not frivolous but intentional and directional. So you should be. There's shelter and accommodation for you wherever you go or turn on this earth. You can't be forlorn. God will make people ready for you and you shall know by experience that your Father owns the earth and its fullness thereof (Psalm 24). 

PRAYER: The earth is my Father's and its fullness thereof. Wherever I step on, I collect as inheritance. Wherever I get to, I shall be courteously treated..

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Romans 1:18-32 & Psalms 35-37

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share and tag others. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...