Sunday 4 August 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 4/08/2024

 SUNDAY  - 4TH AUGUST, 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO

BUILT ON THE ROCK - Capacity Building Series 004

Matthew 7:25, KJV 

"And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."

Jesus in a parable talks of two buildings and builders. One builds on the rock while the other builds on the sand. When it rained and the floods came and the wind blew, the house on the sand came crashing down while the one built on the rock stood to stand. 

This is a lesson for us all. God is calling us to give effort in the right direction and do that which we want to do once and for all rightly. Choose to build your house on the rock against the easy choice of building it on the sand. There'll always be the easy way out. One time, I needed a certification and I met someone who supposedly was to guide me in the process of exam registration. The fellow rather told me if I could pay a particular sum of money (which was very affordable for me) that he'll get me the certificate. As simple as that was, that's a test of "on what I'll build my house." I can choose to build on falsity or I build on truth. When I build on falsity, I'll always be at the risk of looking over my shoulders whether I would be found out one day. Moreso, I'll live in torment of being exposed by the fellow who had helped me out. What if he comes to repentance tomorrow and in being sorry for all he did spitted some few names he had helped out. Would I say he was immature not keeping shut when he was under holy conviction?

In the natural when building on a rock, it is more rigorous, time, energy and resources consuming. If you'll build on a rock in the physical, you can't but go on to blast the rock and dig rigorously to have a way or foundation into it. Such act is back bending and breaking. Such labour could best be described as "toiling." Compare that to digging the ground (the soil). Which one opens faster? The soil. As a matter of fact, the fellow building on the ground might have carried his building to lintel level or roofing when the one on the rock is still labouring towards laying the foundation. 

Don't cut any corner. Give it all it'll take to survive and endure. Your life extends beyond you. It reaches your downlines. Those who are building on the sand are building to terminate when they die while those who are building on the rock are building to surpass themselves. Those are the people who want to have a work that'll stand as a testimony to generations to come which they did in godliness as demanded of God and honoured by the moral codes of men. When you build on the rock (all righteous and lawful foundations), your work will endure long after you're gone. Choose wisely what you build on and with what you build!

PRAYER: Wean me from all desires to have gain where I have not sown. I surrender to the process that makes the difference.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Romans 8:1-17 & Psalms 68-69

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share and tag others. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...