Friday 12 July 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 12TH JULY,2024

FRIDAY - 12TH JULY, 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO

CASTED ON GOD FROM THE WOMB - Your Baby Series 012

Psalms 22:9-10, KJV

"9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. 10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly."

We have heard narratives of babies that were dumped and forsaken by their own parents. Such act can be properly called, "casting upon God." Psalms 27:10 says, "when my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up." Literally, this happen to Moses. When the reluctant hands of his mother was forced to let him go, he was at that time casted on the Lord. To be casted on the Lord means to be surrendered or released to Him (to take over the caretaker's or parental role). Since there's no other parent figure in one's life, it means one is solely trusting and left to survive on God. I once got here when I needed my school fees that immediately on campus. I knew what it was to be casted on God. I was very desperate, pressed by that need and awaited His salvation eagerly. I kept making confession, praying and fueling my faith for a miracle until one came. 

There's an African proverb that literally says, "a tailless cow solely relies on God to help wade off flies." That means a helpless, surrendered or casted away person relies on no one but God to be his Hope Maker. And like Moses can testify, the Lord takes him up when his parents casted him on God. 

Some of us one time or the other were casted on God. After my father's passing away, meeting with the family's obligation of seven children was too heavy for my mother. At one time, I couldn't pay my school fees and was literally casted on God. Yet, this was a family that once knew abundance. However, God on who I was casted and to whom I was released cared enough to miraculously pay it by giving me other men who took over as surrogate parents. I've experienced that over and over again. Till now and though I'm an adult, I'm still casted on God. I've not overgrown the care He can give me. I trust Him for my needs (though I work). 

The Psalmist was casted upon God from the womb. This verse shows what relationship began to exist between him and God right from the very inception of his life in the womb. He's simply a child whose father and number one carer is God. Same can be said of Christ who has no earthly father but who was casted on God right from the womb. Even at His birth, one still sees the caring hands of God moving to shelter Him by the constant instructions He (God) gives for His safety. Only a parent and someone who has so much interest in you would do that. 

Parents, let this be the kind of special relationship your children will have right from the womb with God. Like young Samuel who was given away to God at an early age, let your children be ones "casted and surrendered to God" that same way. Let them know God as their father, carer and number one sponsor. Create that sense in them that they can't be stranded because God is there as their ultimate parent even when you're not. Knowing this, they'll be bold like the psalmist to call God their ancient God who was with them even from the belly. 

PRAYER: Pray for children in orphanages, war torn area, kidnappers' den etc that God, their Father and on whom they're casted will reach for them.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN

Acts 21:17-36 & Job 29-31

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share and tag others. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...