Wednesday 12 June 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 01/06/2024

 SATURDAY - 1ST JUNE, 2024

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL  - Olusola ADEJUMO

Happy New Month!!!

DAILY REPENTANCE

Matthew 21:29 - 30, KJV

"29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. 30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

For you to be saved, you must repent of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. This has been thoroughly explained so far in this series. Meanwhile, repentance doesn't end there. A born again or a Christian would still need repentance often and often in his journey. It'll be easier walking with someone with a repentant heart than another who jetisons it because of pride or ego. 

Christians must continue in the practice of what I call daily repentance especially when you miss it and you come to its knowledge. You must immediately seek to adjust and repent. Repentance is not only for sinners. Repentance might be done by you to change your resolution. You could repent of a particular choice or course of action you said you wanted to take as well. When you do, you let one go to cling to the will of God.

I could testify to the fact that there was a supernatural enablement to living the Christian life when I got born again. Apart from the fact that I was able to stand against idolatry and refuse its practice in my family, my life becomes worthier to be emulated. I could remember that my elder sister one day offended me. Truth be told, she was guilty. I abused her in retaliation and walked out on her. Immediately, I lost my peace. The event I'm describing was so vivid that I could still recall it as it was. I made attempt to suit or make myself comfortable but it was just not working. The persuasion I was receiving from my convicted heart was that I should go and restitute. After much struggle, guess what I did, I ran into the room where she was still awed and embarrassed, hurriedly prostrate in shame saying sorry and running out again. I ran because I was embarrassed begging her also. It was humiliating but I did. As such, I restituted and repented of that.

In today's story, two sons demonstrate to us the importance of repentance in our daily walk with God and how it majorly involves action and not mere confession but the conversion from our own will to doing God's will. "Go and work on the farm", says the father. I will go one says but to repent of it. Meanwhile, another who refuses at first eventually goes. We should take heed in our daily walk not to miss God and how not to miss Him is to be obedient to His written and revealed will.

Wherever there's God's will at hand, that's the ultimate to do for you. If you had walked away from it at a particular time, you should go back to it like that other son does after conviction or proper rumination and discovery of what to do. Repentance doesn't end at salvation for Christians. We'll continue to take dressing and change our ways even as we journey in faith. There are things God will call us to yield up, when we do, we'll be repenting of them. Your obedience is what God is ultimately looking for. God is looking for a heart that'll come to the discovery of having missed it in decision or action and would repent of it like that obedient son does. You might have taken the wrong turn or resolved to go the wrong way, coming back is the ultimate. May God help you. 

PRAYER: Help my decisions and choices on daily basis.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: 2 Samuel 15:23-16:23, John 18:25-19:22, Psalm 119:113-128, Proverbs 16:10-11

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ http://morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...