Saturday 14 October 2023

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 14/10/2023

SATURDAY - 14TH OCTOBER, 2023

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola ADEJUMO

A MAN BEFORE MY FACE

Psalms 105:17, KJV

"He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant"

Brethren, let your prayer be, "a man before my face". Many things that you can enjoy will come because of a man before your face. A man before your face is a man who's settled but who God can use to invite you into settlement or reveal to you goodness through his office and position. Yet, such won't be debated by anyone. Submission will just answer him from all around him. 

Over the course of my years on earth, I've had cause to look back and thank God as the One who sends men before my face. I found out that whereever I'll one day be (even workplaces), God do send men ahead of me there. These men like way maker at times are those God will use to make my path straight and prepare my way before me. When I got admission into Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijagun, Ogun State, I knew nothing much about tertiary institution or campus life. I've never been there and I'll be the first of my father's children to be there. However, a brother who's from my mother church and town in Yewa North Area of Ogun State was a student in that campus then. He was the one who helped me with my admission process, put me through and it was his room I started living in before I got my own through him. That's nobody but Bro Sina who was like a brother to me throughout my stay on campus. He bought me my first fellowship Hymn Book as well and did me a lot of good. 

God has a way of making things work for you I repeat. One of it is to send a man before you. All that God needed to do to save Israel alive is to send a Joseph before them. Now, how Joseph got to Egypt is not what majorly matters. That's a disguise and a plan to work on the vessel God would use Himself. But what was God's purpose for sending Joseph ahead of his brethren? It was to save a whole nation alive. Joseph is in the know of this. When he makes himself known unto his brothers who feel guilty and bad, he consoles them giving them the Statement of his Purpose (SOP). 

Genesis 45:5, 7, KJV

"5 Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life. 7 And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance".

Simple! The statement of purpose over Joseph as written by God is that, "I am sending a man before them. Joseph who'll be sold for a slave, whose feet will be hurt with fetters but whose word will come". Anyone God sends before you is for you (and not against you). They'll make difficult things easy. Those who do not have a man gone ahead of them will be bullied because of their innocence and being novices. They'll easily be cheated and buffeted by the wind of men who seeks after profit. They'll be extorted and they won't even know. They'll incur expenditure where their money should have been saved and they'll spend or exercise themselves where they themselves should have been reserved. 

The fact that God indeed sent Joseph ahead of his brethren is a revelation he enters to and lives from his day one of meeting and knowing his brethren. While he gives them grain, he rather restores their money to them. Unprecedented favour therefore opens to Israel through this son of Israel abroad. You see, some favour of "no payment" that you'll enjoy in life is not because you're beautiful or handsome. It's because principalities with offices in the lands are part of your resource men. If they are part of your allocation of destiny, they'll make way for you and favour you in a way that no other is favoured. Imagine Joseph giving free grain to his family where he sells to others who comes. Joseph is a saviour raised according to calling for his family and he lives this to the fullest. 

All of us who are reading this may want to ask as well, what call is over me? Has God not raised me a deliverer and a forerunner for other men? You're meant to open the door for other Christians especially those of your small group who you know intimately? I know a brother who won a scholarship to go abroad who after he receives a stay abroad helps many through their getting scholarships or fund their school fees if it's partial scholarship so that they might have it just like he had it. He has become a man of purpose - a man on an errand of destiny and a forerunner of many people. He's calling many sons and daughters to glory in that aspect of life. Who will say to his family, his fellowship members, his church, the orphans he has found to cater for that God sent me ahead of you to save your life by a great salvation - that they may be hidden away from hardship economically or in other ways. I pray for you, your rising shall not be stopped until you get to the seat of Joseph where by your influence you can show mercy of grain-giving to who you want to show it to and propose the Goshen land and will it to who you want to give it to yet without being queried, detested or investigated for same. God will give you influence but your influence is to propagate the gospel and enlarge God's kingdom. Israel as a nation is symbolic of Christendom and Joseph didn't hesitate opening the door for all of them to come and fill up Egypt. Don't become the manager of a branch as a Christian and relax on early morning prayer of all staff. Just like Joseph used his influence to provide and meet the needs of his family, so also God is calling you to do good to all people but especially to those of the household of faith. God is counting on you to maximize and put to effective use the reasons for your ascension and promotion without feeling reproached or considerate of whose ox is gored when discharging same purpose for being there. Joseph gave grains liberally to his family without thinking or ever believing that he was doing wrong. No! Find the purpose for your office (even if same is not celebrated by men) and use your office to fund it. It has a great reward before God. 

PRAYER: Lord, send men before my face and send me before the face of others. May I live Your expectation over me.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 23:21-25:38; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17; Psalm 84:1-12; Proverbs 25:15

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...