Monday 8 August 2022

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 8/08/2022

MONDAY- 8TH AUGUST, 2022

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola ADEJUMO

SO THAT YOU'LL NOT BE IN WANT - Lead and Feed Series 006

I Kings 17:7-9, KJV 

"7 And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land. 8 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, 9 Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee."

There's a work that the Lord of all the earth does. I have seen and experienced it and many more have also. One time, that was last year, I needed to attack a capital project. So, I almost freeze all my monthly income for it. I didn't put any other responsibility into consideration before doing this. I just went ahead to get that done. After I did it, my sight opened and I knew I needed money for some other things often. As a matter of fact, it was at that time a sibling began to cry for a new phone plus school fees and feeding allowance that must be allocated to the family often. I was looking to heaven intently and trusting that the servant of God won't be in want. Then, a miracle like I've never had before happened. 

Someone gave me a job to do having known my reputation as a creative, content and research writer and wondered if I could do more of that job. Believe it, over a period that lasted six months which was the exact time I needed to save for the amount that'll do the project, that offer sustained me. It was one of the greatest offer I had gotten. At the same time, I kept working for individuals and conglomerates. It just went on sizzling like that. That's how God saved me from ever being in want or getting to a place where I break a sweat before provision came.  I knew that offer was from God because until I resumed from my saving vacation, the offer didn't lift. That was God's word to that widow - "for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth (1 Kings 17:14, KJV). So, I knew God intentionally created it for me to contain my needs for that time being. Kai, I really fed on that thing. I wish it could come back. 

This miracle of mine is in the Bible. Did you remember the fiery prophet, Elijah. There's no one he can't deliver God's word to. He doesn't look at their faces. After he prophesied "no rain, no dew" except by his words, he immediately caused famine to spring up. God seeing this situation which he has not only brought on others but himself moved in to shepherd him to where he won't be in want. He was told to go hid by Brook Cherith. There, he'll drink from the brook while the arrangements God had made with the ravens would bring him meat. So, until the brook dried up, Elijah was eating balanced diet - a combination of carbohydrate and protein. You wouldn't believe it. He was never lean for once. That's God's work but that's not where the miracle is. 

It is that when the brook dried: when one staff of provision broke, God created another. That's exactly like what happened to me. There was a channel of provision by which my needs are catered for as a salary earner but when it stopped flowing because I needed to save heavily for a thing, God created another. Now, what would have happened if when the first oasis stops flowing, God didn't create another way of escape for Elijah and myself. We'll have known want. We'll have known hunger. We'll have tasted embarrassments but God prevented both of us from getting there. That's the work God does so that we won't get to ever be in want. They can sack you from your job. That's Satan's move probably through jealous people who planned against you or the national situation of your country but God never fails. You'll never get to the place where you'll be in want - desire a thing and not have it because you don't have purchasing power. Never. He that made the provision of the brook still watches over you to see that you fall at the hands of the "widow of Zarephath" as occasion would necessitate it. In this way, you'll never have the fate of leaderless Christians. Your case is peculiar and God's commitment stands by you. Today, I'm heavily anointed and I declare that you'll see this God's work. In unseemly situations where provision you trusted is failing, God will make another provision for you. Before one fails, another is supplied. This is what will uphold Psalm 23:1b from happening in its opposite direction to you. Today, I fellow with God of all the earth to say, "you shall not want." Receive it!

PRAYER: Lord, as seasons and circumstances change, may your commitment of provision ever be sure to me. Before one provision fails, may another get delivered. I shall never be in need.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ezra 3:1-4:23; 1 Corinthians 2:6-3:4; Psalm 28:1-9; Proverbs 20:24-25

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ http://morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...