Monday 13 June 2022

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 12/06/2022

SUNDAY - 12TH JUNE, 2022

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola ADEJUMO

THOSE WHO SAY OF THEMSELVES THEY'RE BUT A YOUTH

Read Jeremiah 1:1-8

Jeremiah 1:5-6, AMP

"5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am only a youth".

Mindset is very powerful. If people regard you as the head but you persuasively convincingly believes yourself to be the tail, you'll manifest the 'tail'. Whenever God encounters people and calls them as tools to use, one of the first things He does is to make them see they're capable or reinforce same believe in them. That angel told Gideon, "The Lord is with you thou mighty man of valour". Gideon himself was not seeing any fight or warrior spirit in himself. He questions whether God was indeed with them [Judges 6:12-16]. O, how I pray that God will give you those who will show you who you're really are until your perspective is changed when doubt arises in you. Your circumstance, background, past life isn't as important as the  demand on your life and what by calling you are. If God comes to you for use, it means you're usable. Don't reject yourself. While in secondary school, I was called upon to replace a senior graduating student who did chanting and eulogy every year at our graduation ceremony. People would applaud him and spray him money. The Yoruba language teacher knew I could do it. I knew I could do it also because it's a thing I had done in the closet. I was given the material to memorise for the chant but deep down in me, I knew I won't take it. What trick did I pulled out? On the D-day, I didn't go to school. That's how I disappointed them but I didn't do it intentionally. I did it out of fear and non acknowledgment of myself as the one who should do it. I was the Labour Prefect but I was thinking, "why not the Head Boy?" At that time, I suffered a lot of inferiorly complex. I did't even want to be seen. The discovery of my purpose destroyed the yoke. Now, I'm not afraid of taking up assignments. I do and discharge same in boldness. When I preach, it is strong and in boldness. I'm no longer bound by inferiority complex. I'm called and anointed. I'm the chosen. If not me, who else? That's my confidence. So, I radiate it. 

Did you hear what Jeremiah told the Lord? I'm but a youth. Did God call him a youth? Did that One not tell him that his calling predates his formation in the womb? God was saying all these to assure and set him to come to a place of believability in himself. Do you know how many talented, gifted, called, chosen, well favoured people are acting contrarily today? Do you know why? They're seeing themselves lesser than who they really are and what God has really called them. Why are people too conscious of their problems? Why are they swallowed by the thoughts that only some people are glorious vessels but others must be hidden! 

Look, if God is striving to change how you should see yourself and you refuse, you won't be used. God may want to but it won't still work. A poor mindset can't reflect a correct manifestation. Even if you say your God is big but your mindset is poor, you'll downgrade God to a small God. Change your mindset; believe in yourself. You're not too young to be used. Forget about all those disqualifications you are mentioning. There are highway robbers, kidnappers, terrorists, suicide bombers who are just teens. So, what makes you a child that can't do the job? Accept the offer and God will equip you to make up for your real or unreal inadequacies.

PRAYER: [Touch your Bible and say] - This is my Bible and I believe it. I am what it says I am and I can do what it says I can do.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Daniel 11:2-35, 1 John 3:7-24, Psalm 122:1-9, Proverbs 29:1

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...