Monday 21 March 2022

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 21/03/2022

MONDAY - 21ST MARCH, 2022

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola ADEJUMO

FOR HOW LONG...?

Read I Kings 18:1-22

I Kings 18:21, KJV

"And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word".

God wants me ask you this same question also. "How long shall you limp between two options?" The nation Israel has slide into idolatry. Baalim has supplanted the worship of Yahweh. Persecution had risen against the prophets of the Lord. Many have been killed and only a remnant remained. Elijah who had been on a type of exile after the shutting of heaven by his words has now returned home at the instruction of the Lord. These words of Elijah had afore led to no small famine in the land. 

At his appearance, Elijah hearkened to do as the Lord had said - to show himself to Ahab, so that God might send rain. On such occasion, after the gathering of the people, the prophets of Baal and of the groves who ate at Jezebel's table to Mount Carmel, Elijah asked the people, "How long will ye limp between two options? If the Lord is God or Baal, follow either".

Just like God put it in Elijah's mouth to ask Israel of harlotry, God is putting it in my mouth to ask any Christian reading this and all in the body of Christ worldwide. He's saying, your days of sitting on the fence is over. You either give your loyalty to God or you properly and securely hold unto the world and its system. No one can serve two masters we have read many times. Yet, many Christians have not consciously made a choice of which to serve and follow. No wonder, the confusion and so many contradictions in the body of Christ. This issue of not knowing where people really belong is causing so much trouble of identity. It has bred men who lack the fruits or life but who are full of confession to be Christ's. 

I perceive that time for such double life and game is over as God is tired Himself and He's asking conclusively where you belong. God is being straightforward with you. He's saying, "Enough is enough. If Baal be God, follow him and if I be, follow Me". 

When God put this question in my mouth, God told me to ask same of a lady colleague I had been preaching Christ to for over two months but who has neither received Christ nor find her foot in faith. She has been hoping between two belief systems: Christianity and Islam. She's a Northerner and one from a Christian/Muslim background. That evening, I sense God moving me desperately to ask her this question. I asked her and narrated this story to her in order to reveal God's mind to her. She responded to me better than she has ever done before and I was shocked. 

Are you a Christian who's neither cold or hot or an outright sinner or unbeliever who's yet to make Jesus Christ his personal Lord and Saviour. Here comes your opportunity to make a choice today. Life and death are before you and like God almighty counselled Israel, I'll say, choose life. He who chooses life chooses Jesus. 

PRAYER: I receive Jesus into my life. I rededicate my life to Him. Wherever I'm hoping between two opinions, I receive clarity on the best choice. We pray for the salvation of all in the region of darkness.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Numbers 32:1-33:39; Luke 4:31-5:11; Psalm 64:1-10; Proverbs 11:22

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com, morningwingsministryplus@gmail.com or Facebook @ Morning Wings Ministry & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...