Saturday 23 October 2021

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 24/10/2021

SUNDAY - 24TH OCTOBER, 2021

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola ADEJUMO

WHEN TO TAKE AN OPPORTUNITY -  NOW Series 001

Read John 5:1-8

John 5:3-4, KJV

"3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. 4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."

What makes opportunity opportunity is the ripe time attached to it. Opportunity has deadline. If an institution is doing bonanza and you arrive after it ended, you may not be a partaker of their generosity. So, time is what makes opportunity relevant to humans. Opportunities are made for humans but humans must be made for it and then press into it. That's why a statement says, "strike the iron while it's hot!". Another also gives the reason for what appears to be the sudden promotion of some. It says, "time and chance happens to them all".

Ecclesiastes 9:11, KJV 

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

If that be, it means opportunities can make irrelevant and nonsense of qualifications at times. 

Let me ask you, if any of the invalids jumps into the pool afore it was stirred or after an inmate has tapped into the pool's residing virtue, will such fellow still be healed? The answer is no because we have an express instruction that says once the water is contacted by anyone upon stirring, only such receives his healing as the residing healing virtue is once and for all consumed. Let others in their droves rush in or lament their having being long there, yet they won't still receive healing because the power there is a disposable healing power and not always resident.

The Lord spoke to me and I heard. He said, "there's a time to take opportunities." He said, "don't come late because those who do aren't always partakers."

Have you seen surfers before? Do they carry themselves or they surf on the capacity of the wave? Have you researched the eagle also? Did you see that it also rides on the back of the wings to soar? In soaring, it just stretches its wings while the tempest bears it. No struggle, no effort, no insistence that it must work. 

The floating and soaring effortlessness offered by these two natural things are what opportunities are to us humans. Once you can keep watch: be awake and aware as to decipher an opportunity for what it is, what follows is for you to strike it. This is how some became wealthy. They received a stirring or heart direction towards something. They did it and it was a result. I've reaped great result by following the Spirit's leading in this wise also though I've been slow at times but I thank God who deals gently with me as a Father. It was told of a minister who met some other minister friends and asked them all to pull a particular percentage of their monies together in order to buy a particular portion of land that he often sees and which all of them also know. This man saw the land over time with heart's persuasion towards it before uttering it to them. However, none of the friends budged. They said, "why should they spend their money on a land that doesn't has prospects since the land isn't well situated?" This minister who received that heart felt persuasion won't let go. He rather pulled fund together and bought the land. It was some years after that one of the U.S. State Governments approached him for the land. That's how he rode on the wings of opportunities to become well by selling it to them. Yet, he got the land very cheaply years back. 

Look, don't miss opportunities. Your not missing it is actually tied to your own sensitivity. If you read that John 5, you'll see that all those invalids are sensitive watchmen, carefully keeping vigil for the arrival of the stirring angel. They know their lives depend on knowing when he arrives and when the stirring has been done. Those who feels dizzy can't take of that opportunity let alone those who sleep. 

One time, I needed to obtain something. When I woke up to doing that, I  discovered that the possibility for that was just closed. It pained me. I promised myself with all revenge that I won't miss the next one. Then, it was another year. Around a particular month, I observe that whenever I pray and also very often outside prayer, my mind would always go to the matter with heart persuasions to call and enquire from somebody. Over a month, I'll receive this heart persuasion but left it unattended to. Somehow, I just didn't call the person I knew had expert's say on the thing. Then one day, I was in prayer and the Lord confronted me with the consequences of missing it again due to carelessness and lack of prompt action. Before then, the Lord had staged like two embarrassing occurrences to bring me to a rude realization of how I must be awoken. It was when the final hard saying came in prayer I even remembered the  previous two rude incidents. Did you see how human ministers could also be?

So, I enquired. Believe it. The expert involved told me, "it has been available since." She even begs me for having forgotten not to update me since I've called her over time reminding her of my need to catch that opportunity. Yet, my life and future depended on that thing! 

Look, others may slumber but you must know it's your sole responsibility not to miss anything that God is offering you as an opportunity. Of course, it will come cheaply, relieving and satisfactory. If you miss it, you will have to wait another cycle of time to get it done. Some times, it doesn't even show up again. It just looks like a life line opportunity.

I pray for you that you will be conscious as you receive also a fresh baptism of time and what it says. "Knowing what time says is superior to having money at hand!" If when your opportunity is at hand you don't act correspondingly, you'll miss it and later lament. Some have money at hand but yet don't understand time. So, they wrongly invested or reaped the natural void of what opportunities give. May you not lament. May your spouse, land, house, wealth not finally depart to another. Also, the Lord might be talking to somebody to make enquiry and confirm because that, "the time for what you've been expecting is here." So, strike it now and see the result!

PRAYER: Let the Spirit bear me up and aid me where I need remembrance. May I not be stubborn, sluggish or procrastinating. I'm on time.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 42:1-44:23, 2 Timothy 2:1-21, Psalms 92:1-93:5, Proverbs 26:3-5

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...