Friday 23 July 2021

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 23/07/2021

FRIDAY - 23RD JULY, 2021

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola ADEJUMO

WHAT DID HE PREACH?

Jonah 3:4,KJV

"And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown."

You know more than ten times, I was asking myself “what did he preach?” I was wondering at the outcome Jonah generated from his message of “yet forty days and Nineveh shall be overthrown” and how the Ninevites responded with a great responding. It doesn’t tally at all. From the A-Z of Nineveh, it was the same proclamation Jonah made. He was just shouting “yet forty days…” I wouldn’t believe that will turn a thing but it did. No special rhema or the tracing of the root of words. 

I’m just baffled at what sort of result that was without dividing the scriptures. He was just proclaiming and yet commanded the attention and obedience of all. After his proclamation, nobody in Nineveh could sit comfortably again. They were moved into immediate action and sought God in fasting with  animals seeking repentance. Who does that? Could it be the high pitch of Jonah’s voice that day that gave him such harvest? 

I found out it was the God given message he preached. That’s what it means to preach under the anointing. Jonah was obedient to preach the message he was given to preach. He preached the message that God had fetched upon investigation (conducting a search on what the need of the people was) knowing it will command the obedience of the Ninevites. Indeed, it was like magic that day. Believe it, I learnt that when we co-labour with God, He does much of the task and leaves us with little burden to bear. Do you know that it was only Jonah’s voice that was employed and his mobility to move from one place to the other? The main tool by which the people began to shiver was not his. It was given him. So, when a man is given a download from heaven, that is the message, song or prayer point that can address issues and change things. If we want to labour less in the public, we will have to first gather this tangibility in the chamber. When God gave Jonah his message, no Ninevite was there but when he preached his message, they knew they heard a sermon and it reached all. Whether he was heard in person or reported by a Ninevite to another, they were just being convicted and catching the fire of revival. When I have just preached or taught under the anointing, I know. There will be unusual boldness and I will have the right words to describe even the minute details. I will so much express myself that I will be satisfied and will have no interest or much in that teaching I have done again. I will sense the satisfaction of exhausting that sermon or part of the scripture I have taught it from. I will want to move on to discover another thing and hear God anew. Also, when I’m struggling to preach, I know. It will just be like irons that are having difficulty rolling well due to friction. It will need grease you know. 

It is a message that God has given a man that will lead to utterance. If God punishes a man with utterance, he will just try ministering and find out that ministration isn’t coming. Meanwhile, if God should loosen his tongue and give him acceptable words to communicate divine intention, he will hit where he needs to hit in people’s lives. He will puncture the right side that will lead to confession, repentance, creation of solutions and dividing of paths etc.

It is not good doing guess work. When you have God’s word with you, you know where to focus it to because the word itself is given with a focus to attack or concentrate on something. What will turn things and bring about change are sermons, songs and ideas that are sparked and birthed from the womb of the Holy Ghost. If they are not received, they will only deceive the hearers. If they are given, you will see your labour not equalizing your outcome. You will ask yourself “but I didn’t preach long, what did I do then?” May we receive  the impartation that will make us make impact.

PRAYER: Lord, I submit to You, fetch me words, sponsor me and let me minister by Your Spirit.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Deuteronomy 29:1-30:20, Luke 11:37-12:7, Psalm 78:1-31, Proverbs 12:19-20

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 81 20 or +234 81 37 04 68 12 or morningwingministry@gmail.com or morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...