Monday 7 June 2021

WHY SOME WASTE THEIR TIME

 WHY SOME WASTE THEIR TIME

https://chat.whatsapp.com/FZHr5T8acgoFDpe3LxPhm9

Join Us @ Above!

Let's talk! 

I want you know it is better to be busy, so occupy that you'll need to search for a breathing space for yourself. One of the things that has helped and is helping me is that I have works to do. I mean works that spread round the clock - one that has filled all the gaps of my twenty four hours.

That thing is more advantageous to all of us that have works to do than it has been disastrous. 

When I look at my life, the lives of other serious minded people in my generation; I concur I must not lessen the working of this principle in my life. I must keep on taking much tasks. It's better to be daily called to come up hither than to be suddenly reduced. 

Have you not observe it - that people who have less work to do are careless with their time? Since they're assured of much time in their hands, come and see procrastination. You'll be hearing a thing like, "I'll still do it" ; "don't worry, there's still time."

Do you want to know why they deceptively console themselves with these dangerous statements - thereby coming to a place of soulish satisfaction that they're in control?

...because they seem to have much time with little works to fill it with! However, if you know if you don't do a job immediately, you would bear its brunt, won't you be prompt in using your time?

If you have much work to do daily, the twenty four hours would look to you like it is no longer enough. Since time is therefore not enough for you, you dare not joke to utilize it. So, there's no carrying over of activities. You utilize time by being forcefully brought to the acknowledgement that you can't let your own time slips. If I watch a movie, it's the last thing and it is always purposefully chosen. Now, no accidental movie - like I stumble on them and it's interesting and decide to watch with them. No! That time has it's own purpose. I'll rather collect, reschedule and watch it later.

I have been continuously brought to separate myself from men's common practices because of my daily obligations. When you have demands that must be settled daily with time appropriated to them, you know you can't live carelessly. Is it the devotional I'll allow to be sent at 9am? That's too late. People have even hit their work places at 6:30am. Even when we send it at times at 7:00am, we beg God for mercy because it is Him we have to do with.

I looked at one man in the Bible, whose name was famous. He occurs in many books of the Bible including Revelation. That was David! 

David was trapped when he relieved himself of his duties. You must know that assignment will protect you from backsliding and having time for irrelevancies. Meanwhile, if you seem to have eternity as time in your hands, you will be tempted to be careless with how you spend it. You're not to blame. Since you don't have enough works for your much time, you can't but slip into irrelevancies

II Samuel 11:1, KJV 

"And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem."

This deputizing of David costs him a lot in this life. The spot in his white garment came as a result of that. From there, internal family problems like incest, murder, rivalry e.t.c. entered.

So, what's the consequence of this act? 

II Samuel 11:2, KJV

"And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon."

You know the rest of the story. If David was at the battle, could 10,000 naked women get his attention? Can you so much love women as to directly and outrightly desire you die?

Won't you want to mind the arrows, the clashing of swords e.t.c. Even if you were drunk in an amorous thought, the whining of horses and blood spilling would catch your attention. 

What's the message? What couldn't get David because he was always occupied got him when he was relaxed of his tasks. That's why many former fellowship excos, church or other holders of spiritual/public offices do become something else after leaving the office. Do you know why? After they left, they didn't hold themselves to higher responsibilities like before.

The office you're occupying can hold you to a higher responsibility than you'll have held yourself without being in office. It can call you to a higher living and tie you down to responsibilities.

While I was on campus, I was three presidents in three places during my final years. Yet, I've been serving since 100 level as an exco. In those offices with their demands, I obviously couldn't act anyhow. I couldn't talk anyhow. I couldn't go to some places for vain reasons. More so, because of the many demands of these three offices on me at the same time, I managed the little time that excoship had left me. That's why I still graduated with a good grade. Meanwhile, people with lesser responsibilities became consoled that they had all days and could take their time on things. So, they went easy or cozy on themselves. 

That's why many people still didn't graduate with very good grades despite not having responsibilities like many excos of many fellowships while on campus. 

Once you know there are many demands on your time, there's one thing you can't bargain. That's "how do I utilize this little left". That's what others with eternity don't consider. 

Now, I have left campus more than five years ago and it is easier to be careless because I've left all the works that kept me busy. Meanwhile, if I don't want to have a history like David's, I must always be busy

One day, I checked one of my campus' preaching diary and I saw that I had to minister in 10 places in a week! There was a week like that. I was shocked. That came because I was the campus' president, Chapter's president and then my fellowship's president. I could remember those days. I was dashing out preaching engagements and using some to train excos that would take over after me. I could remember I sent the Bro. I handed over to in my fellowship on one of the engagements to minister at a fellowship's prayer band's retreat. 

May I tell you the truth. Since I've left campus, I've never had a week, even a month I had 10 preaching engagements on ground.

A lesson that opportunities don't come often. If you get it, use it well.

Now, what other things can I do to be strongly occupy like that of  those days. If I don't do it, I won't enjoy my being because those stretching days had already created a capacity in me to do much things without complaining of tiredness. That's why till today, I can write many teachings in a day. You're a witness that my own teachings are always long. I had to learn brevity because of many requests not to weary men. God can't be finished but men can be wearied.

Today, I work in the secular and does ministry. As I'm nurturing my career; I'm growing my calling. My goal is to become a Professor of African Literature while my destiny is to become a renown minister with impact that touches the ends of the earth. These are the two things I'm dying for. If the works become too strong one day, career would have to be phased out for calling. That's the summary but if I should outline my daily routines, you'll flee!

What makes my time not enough are the daily things I do. My fiancée is the only one that could testify of how often I sleep in the night.

My rest in the night is few. That's why I try doing little sleep in the day. Why? There are just so many things to attend to. I have one lifetime but my marks must be left here. I'll wear out all my assignments before God calls me to Himself. 

So, assignments will preserve your life. Don't lessen its effect. Take much work. Laden yourself. Don't fear sickness. Don't fear stress. Don't pity yourself. Like that demon possessed man that was hurting himself with stones day and night, without considering its effect (anyway, because he was mad), do same in wisdom that doesn't fear consequences of extremity.

Olusola ADEJUMO, M'Wings.

Morning Wings Ministry, Nigeria. 

morningwingministry@gmail.com

+234 81 3704 6812

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...