Saturday 2 December 2023

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 22/11/2023

SATURDAY - 2ND DECEMBER, 2023

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola ADEJUMO

THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW THE MESSIAH IS HERE - I Perceive Series 001

John 4:25-26, KJV

"The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he."

If you follow the line of interaction between Jesus and this woman of Samaria, you'll see that the conversation encompasses water, the living water, the rightful place of worship etc. Until Jesus told her she has had five husbands before, she seems not to esteem Jesus at all. At that point however, she says, "sir, I perceive you're a prophet". This supernatural gift of Word of Knowledge helped Jesus penetrate this woman here and have her good attention. However, the consequent subject that leads to her being apprehended for God has to do with the rightful place of worship - in a physical place or in the spirit. It is this that was being debated. Jesus had said.

John 4:21-24, KJV

"21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

To this, the woman responds by postponing her clarity and salvation to the future saying, "when the Messiah comes, He'll tell us all things".

John 4:25, KJV

"The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things."

Why would she say that? Because she didn't believe wholly in the person of Jesus. She has not yet seen Jesus as somebody to receive unquestionably from. So, when Jesus told her it was not the matter of worshipping the Father in Jerusalem or at a mountain nearby her, she responds to having the final say come from the Messiah - who they are all expecting. 

You see, they were expecting the Messiah but these people were so dense that when the Messiah came, they didn't even know. Imagine a whole nation - group of people on tip toes for He who prophecies had predicted yet missed him at His very appearance. Their problem is still our problem. Why they missed Him is still why we're missing those God could use for us. That woman still didn't believe totally in Jesus though He told her her past life of sin and marital instability. She only accorded a little respect of being a prophet to Jesus but she never accepted Him as the Messiah - unto whom all obedience must be given. That's because she basically doesn't know it's the Messiah speaking to her as a matter of finality. What was she looking at? Appearance! The Messiah would look messianic. This man is too simple. He alone talking to me. No train of people to show His greatness. Nothing in the physical as she could have thought gave Jesus away. The only thing that began to do so was His exercise of the gift of word of knowledge by which she perceives that Jesus is a prophet. 

Today, God is dealing with those of you with hearts and eyes for the future to come yet without knowing the times you've entered into is your expected future. In 2019, I was at Ilisan Remo, Ogun State for a Christian program. Pastor Chingtok Ishaku (a minstrel-preacher) was to come to minister from the North. However, before his arrival at all and without ever having listened to him once until I contacted him that evening when the conference opened, I began to speak to the brethren with which I went to this conference as I was impressed. I was heavily impressed and I knew to what intent that day. Some of the brethren who I pastor and who were also my colleague workers at the work place just did not give ears to me though they were hearing (because they were seated near me). It shows in their attitude I was not the one they were expecting that day. However, the surprise came later. At the arrival of the guest minister, he began his teaching which had no topic. To the shock of all the brethren who had heard me spoke in the evening, the exact things I had said to them from the Bible were the exact things this man of God began to say. It was totally the same. It was as if the man of God had heard me in the evening and was then quoting me. Just as he spoke that day, some of my brethren seated in front of me looked back and gave me, "thumb up". I immediately praised the Lord!

That day, I learnt two lessons - that you could be a prophetic vessel without knowing. Two, that minds of people are difficult to change when their expectation is set. However, God can change it. I knew all of them felt a great awe for God later. Some might have felt bad shoving me away or showing the attitude of, "Bro. Sola, let us alone".

What am I saying? This woman was expecting the Messiah yet the Messiah came, spoke with her and yet she wouldn't see or believe Jesus as the Messiah because she was expecting someone (in the name and manifestation of the Messiah who's already in front of her in flesh and blood). People miss God's plan because when He comes, their sight is elsewhere. No sensitivity, no humility of heart. In pride, they keep looking into the future for what is happening in the present already to still come around to them. If not that Jesus told this woman that, "I am the Messiah who speaks to you", she wouldn't have investigated it let alone eventually believe in it as others from the city would also prove it so. 

Listen to me brethren, blessing passes before you daily but you must be full of perception to grab it. Or else, it'll flow passed you and go its own way like a flowing water. I pray for you that you'll have eyes and heart for all future expectations but which are happening now. May you open to He you should open to. May you not search for one Messiah, guru, salvation again when it is Jesus who saves. May you be sufficed and esteem Jesus as He only who saves. May nothing take you away to seek for another "way, truth and life". If you do, you'll find none. If you find any in any religion, they'll be false gods and practices. That's because Jesus Himself makes it clear that He's the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6). It means, there's no other Messiah. There's no name man is given to be saved except His name (Matt.1:21, Phil.2:9-11). Let your search of a Messiah be sufficed today. Welcome Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

PRAYER: Lord, let me perceive Your angel, ministers and any with messianic duties to me in their real light. My long expectation shall not elude me at arrival.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Daniel 9:1-11:1; 1 John 2:18-3:6; Psalm 121:1-8; Proverbs 28:27-28

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Share with others in English, French, Arabic, Swahili and Chinese. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...