Thursday 6 July 2023

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 06/07/2023

 THURSDAY - 6TH JULY, 2023


MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE -  Olusola ADEJUMO

CAN YOU BE THIS COMMANDED? - The Commanded Series 001

I Kings 17:8-9, KJV

"8 And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, 9 Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee". 

We have talked thus far in A Table Set Series on being admnistered to where one's provision is. It takes obedience on your part to go the way of provision that God has prepared for you. Meanwhile, he or she who's the holder of your bread needs obedience to comply also. You're in need and you want to receive, so it is easier for you to spring up and obey God's Word to be admnistered to where provision is. The idea is that you're already full of expectation and can't delay for your needs to be met again. However, what about he or she God is sending you to? What about the ravens that must spare their own meats and breads? What about that widow of Zarephath that must put you first and provide for you? What's God's responsibility towards them or don't you think for their obedience, God will reward them also?

In 2012 while a student in the university, I visited a fellowship member. It was resumption period and all students had resumed with home goodies and provision. I spent my holiday with my paternal grandmother who had a sawmill in a village close to Ilaro, Yewa South Local Government. She gave me two towels. One was however to be cherished than the other. I just loved it for its total newness and fabric quality. At resumption, I visited a beloved fellowship member. I could see his towel hung to dry on his door. It needed to be changed. Any eyes would see that clearly. Immediately, I received a burden to part with one of the towels with me and the lot fell on the most cherished of the two I had received. This is a sacrifice at my door! 

Here comes my concern. However, the most cherished of these towels which I had earlier decided to keep for myself was the same fabric, pattern, colour and design with this brother's that needed to be changed. God has a sense of humour. It was that same one God said I should now give. While with that brother, he didn't know what conversation was going inside me with the Holy Spirit. I just resumed 200 Level then. God would probably want me give that specific one also so that no one could easily detect his old towel has been changed. If you had seen that old towel, you'll bear witness to its been long overdue for change. I went home and returned same day to release that specific towel after shaking here and there with the Holy Ghost. Often times, we have mastered the fact that God can meet our needs through others but we haven't agreed that God could meet others' needs through us. You'll be a spiritual fraudster if you're receiving because the Almighty could find some people to make demands on for your sake but you aren't giving because you've not yet come to the submission of such operative law. 

What makes Christianity practicable is the fact that our Lord God could make any demand on us and we'll hear. I'm afraid of those of you that the Spirit is struggling with over a matter yet refuse to lay it down. You're proving to be stubborn but that's not how to win and purchase a witness for yourself before heaven. Let me tell you this, if God can't make demands on you to supply others needs, be assured you can't pray for your needs to be met by others. Meanwhile, I want to be somewhere unknown and pray to God and God would have me answered through obedient, submissive and willing people. God told Elijah, go to Zarephath which belongs to Zidon, I have commanded a widow woman to sustain you there. Look at that. God commanded someone for his sake but Elijah himself has always been an obedient fellow that releases whenever God calls for it. Now is his time of intake. I want to be a kind of Christian that God can give a dream of someone who's in need to and would hasten to give to that person who I may not have even met before but which God would orchestrate our meeting. Christian, while God can put people under command and necessity for your needs to be met, can you also be put under commands and necessity for others needs to be met? If not, you're proving to be beyond admnistering. If you cannot be found for use this way, then, God can never locate you in His will for receiving of resources also. As far as I know and I have learnt, there are people who have been praying for years, months, days for a particular need to be met. Would it not be joy in heaven and to you if you're the one God sent to minister to their needs? Be a vessel that can be demanded from. Be a vessel that can lay all at its feet. A fellow that nothing is too costly for to slaughter for God's sake and demands.  

PRAYER: Lord, I receive obedience to part for Your demands.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 3:1-4:17; Acts 14:8-28; Psalm 140:1-13; Proverbs 17:22

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ www.morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...