Tuesday 14 February 2023

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - 14/02/2023

TUESDAY - 14TH FEBRUARY, 2023

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE - Olusola & Oreoluwa ADEJUMO

THE TEMPTATION YOU SHOULD NOT FALL FOR

Read Luke 19:36-40

Luke 19:40, KJV

"And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

One time, I was on the queue waiting to board a vehicle. I was worshipping God, beating the drums and humming all together. But, not with words! As I persisted in that, a thought occured to me questioning if I'm not inconveniencing the fellow before me. Just at that instance when I wanted to give it a thought, another thought came with the title of today's message and said, "the temptation you shouldn't fall for". With this statement came the above verse also. 

Brethren, there's a temptation you shouldn't fall for. It's the temptation of keeping silence. That day, I have many reasons to keep my conscience clean. One, I was humming, singing and beating drums in synchronization under my breath. It couldn't have disturbed any. Two, it couldn't have been problem to any around because God gave a go ahead to that act. God doesn't bring chaos to the world. If He saw I was inconveniencing anyone indeed, He will not instruct me not to worship but rather to do it in a way none would become its victim. And I thank God for the voice that came from the excellent glory (II Peter 1:17) to tell me not to remain silent. 

Where you must not get to is where you get to get silent. Ha! Being silenced means dying or deactivated already. So, never get where you no longer produce and pronounce sound. That day, though I had not fed afore that event yet I've exhibited so many characteristics of a living being. I walked down to the bus stop myself in respiration (breathing). That morning, to the glory of God, I had visited the rest room also. That may sound condescending to you but all these amidst the MR NIGER DAC that science identified for us were what I did. Only living souls do all those. Any who's alive who can't is earnestly seeking solution to be able to because that is a dangerous indication of ill health. Why then should I not act and live as a living soul? If a baby is born and he won't cry, they'll spank him. What testifies to his being of our community is that he gives off our sound. Why should I not hum, sing, beat to the praise and glory of He who created, gave me speech and spared me till now. 

Jesus while on this matter didn't take it easy with some people of His day who became advocate of taking the vow of silence where it matters. Firmly, He rebuked them and advocated that their (the disciples') sound should be allowed to sound. They advised, suggested, recommended that all the disciples should shut up. But Jesus replied shockingly that if they should shut up, stones would immediately shout out. Substitution is real. One reason why you should not stop bringing pleasure to God is that. If you retire from it, many will pick it as duty to God. You've not been created for many things actually but rather to bring pleasure to God (Rev.4:11). Either through your daily living or intentional worship of God, you must not stop bringing joy to God. Cause Him to be happy. That day, as the multitude of disciples shout, 'hosanna in the highest' and left everything jubilant, heaven could actually feel it. They were doing what they were created for. Why should their sound stop? Why should they be silenced?

I pray for you that you'll be made willing to do all activities of a living being. Wherever by ill health, you can't function in good health, I order your restoration and declare your prosperity in there. May you not be replaced in what is your primary duty to do. May you ever keep the second choice waiting for eternity. Where humans should sing, may stones not shout out for joy. May our churches not lack voices and abilities. 

Prayer: I will not be silent. I will always worship You. None of my organ shall be silent (by being dysfunctional). I shall not be replaced. 

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Exodus 35:10-36:38; Matthew 27:32-66; Psalm 34:1-10; Proverbs 9:7-8

Powered by Morning Wings Ministries. Click TRANSLATE on the blog & read in your own language. Enquire or counsel through +234 80 77 63 85 50 or +234 8137 04 68 12 II morningwingministry@gmail.com & Blog @ http://morningwingsministry.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...