Monday 2 May 2022

WHY CAN'T I?

WHY CAN'T I?

If you see someone do something in an area which shocks you and which you wonder how they've come to be doing such when you can't even flex muscle there but still left wondering where capacity for such thing is coming from, just know they have a CALLING or a kind of EQUIPPING there. However, I'll focus on calling. God has placed an equipment on them to understand that place by divine inspiration because of the interest in them to pursue it. Divine wisdom aids them and so have inspiration of God to be led into such field which you consider too big to subdue and impossible for you to enter into.

I'll give an instance. Consider somebody (let's say an age mate, equal or a younger one) having a real estate company of his own where he sells lands to clients while you're left wondering how he manages that and functions in that when you see it as a thing you can't go into. 

Then, you remember that you also have branches of a church denomination all around which the other person in perplexity has asked how you've been running same. It is there both of you should know that you were made for what you're doing each. It puzzles each of you what the other is doing because it is not given you to do the assignment of your friend. So, his field will be mysterious to you while yours will be as well to him. However, what each of you is called to will remain simple, enjoyable and one to be contented with in your heart. 

One of the things that shows you're doing another man's job is that you don't understand it effortlessly and the joy of seeking to know things in that place don't come with joy. It shows you've gone to be in another man's plot or portion. There's a work that comes to us effortlessly and wins us to itself with all admiration. That's your divine job. I'll site an instance.

Sometimes ago, my institution took us to Ibadan (The once largest city in the centre of Africa before Cairo of Egypt overtook her) for training and scheme harmonization. All the staff do converge in a very long hall to eat. I like that hall. While we were talking, I told a colleague in the presence of all there, "I wish I could easily get this kind of hall in Lagos, I'll start church immediately there also". Do you know what he said? "Nigerians! When this hall could be made into a school with many classes carved out of it. Have we not enough many churches in this country?"

Then, I faced him to tell him his purpose for the hall isn't bad and mine isn't bad. Our purposes for the hall is coming out of what the Lord has gotten each of us ready for which we believe if we start, we'll succeed in. I have faith for starting churches than starting a business, school or any set up and he has faith for starting school than churches. That's why he even criticised having another church since many there be already. Yet, he didn't criticise having another school or business despite our knowing many there be already also! I have already began two churches that I have left as the Lord called me to move further in my Christian journey.  Equipping and Anointing is on me for church but not necessarily school or business. If I now take ministry to a level, my ministry could then bring forth a school. But what my inclination, training, persuasion, obsession etc tends towards and will chase more than any other is ministry first of all if we're told to choose. 

You know I have a colleague who's into selling of beauty and make-up products. I was so perplexed and concern for her genuinely to the extent that I asked if her business yields return and does her well. I saw it as a minor unserious business but she kept telling me the business is good and that that's her love. I'll look at her and in my heart say, "May this girl not suffer." I didn't mock her. I was really concerned for her and wanted her to understand me and succeed.  

Do you know why I think that business won't do? God has to give me an explanation before I grab it. Since I'm outside it, I rarely understand the business, how it operates, the teeming clients it has etc but she knows all these and so her assurance is grown to a point of conviction but rather I sympathize her. Is that not how many people have sympathized me but in mockery when they heard, "I'm doing ministry." They're just confused. Where did he get his anointing? How does he teach that often? Who authorized him to go start preaching? You don't need authorization of men. The part that says Paul didn't confer with flesh and blood was quickened to me. That if not your personal word may not make sense to you. 

If God calls you, your ripe time will come and you'll know when to start. God will prompt you to start. He'll lead you to start. He'll hint you to start and help you to start also.

So, if you keep wondering why A or B is capable of doing what he is doing when you can't do it but rather have shame, zero drive or capacity for that thing, just know he or she was called into that. An equipping is what is aiding him. 

If you want to test the reality of what I have just said, "if you have land or a building in Lagos, Ibadan, Sagamu or Ijebu Ode that you could freely release or even for a little payment from us to you", then try God and see what teeming population will be gathering there two years down the line. No denomination has taken all the members. The largest denomination in this country and the world will have hers and I will have mine. God always earmarks to the calling of any He calls.

Having church or preaching the gospel for God is the calling of Some People. That's why Jesus said, "My meat is to do the will of He that sent me". At that time, physical food just arrived from town but he was met interacting for conversion sake with a Samaritan woman. They persuaded him to eat but he said, "My MEAT, MOTIVATION, MORALE BOOSTER, PASSION, CALLING is to do the will of He that sent me and finish it." He said, "I have food to eat that ye know not of (to win souls)" and that food is to bring many to CHRIST for us too. 

Did you see that what some have obsession for, you may not have for same. One's man's meat is another man's poison. While the disciples were minding and catering over physical food, Jesus was seeking to have that woman believe in Him. Where you're active may be somebody's most inactive point. Why? Calling! Motivation makes the difference. That is what spurs us to do what we do or don't do.

I pray that you won't lose your equipping. The anointing on you is your hope of glory apart from Christ in you. In it are many things to be born that will even cater for your needs and many more if you'll go the way of the called. I see you go that way today!

Olusola ADEJUMO,

M'Wings.

Morning Wings Ministry, Nigeria.

1/04/2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - 02/09/2024

MONDAY  - 2ND SEPTEMBER, 2024 Happy New Month!!! MORNING WINGS DAILY DEVOTIONAL - Olusola ADEJUMO BESETTED BUT TURNED FORTH AS GOLD Acts 27:...